BurpDoodle: You Can Ask That: Transgender Games Edition Panel with Fae, Charlie, Sav, Snow, Damon [MIGW18/GCAP18]
- Don’t say this character is trans, exploit and ham-fist it. Make it more natural. It’s uncomfortable and cliche.
- Stereotyping is not good for minorities.
- Just ask What are your Pronouns. That’s it. Don’t make a big deal out of it.
- Gotta take time to wear your shoes. Pronouns are like shoes and are a pain the butt
- Create a character that has a past.
- No deadnames.
- The one I wrote is my game “That Boy Is A Monstr” – has the best character!
- Everyone should get pronoun badges [beabravo’s shop]
- I really like flowers ;D
- Frustration with women-centred spaces with Non-Binary tacked on and not followed through.
Just my terrible notes…apologies!! So please watch the panel yourself for better context and understanding. A lot of it was common sense but very much needed to be discussed from a place of openness, respect and desire to do better. (:
I personally didn’t really have any expectations, just came in to draw and support the panel.
Most of the panel waved and greeted me when I came over to sit down which was super sweet, yay! I’m a simple lady. ;D