2015#11 FAQ: Some answers about the HermitBurpcast
Leonie’s small blog island says hullo! (:
Let’s go ! Journal Time.
|Rising Angel of London. An art study based on this photo reference|
CONTENTS for your READING QUEST:
Year 2, Weeks 26 to 29 (8th Jul to 4th Aug)
Leonie Yue’s Sketchbook
|Scribbly rough bird studyyy? 😀 I was trying out something different
Finding my way about painting again. Before I got injured & sick *stares out into the void* haha
|The letter “L”! Lion was the only cool thing I could think of that starts with the letter L when I was a kid. That mane!! Studyyy|
|Hugs and losing love and saying hello|
|Codes and MGS3: Snake Eater main song in my head|
|Wot? Nothing strange here. Really.
Or as Ocelot from Metal Gear Solid says: “Mrrreeeooow!”
|Since I didn’t want to detract from July’s Hermit Burpcast show and my special featured guest, I waited to post this tribute here finally (though I did post it everywhere else already). Did this around the time it was revealed; More details and thoughts I had at the time here if you haven’t seen it already.
And I did the above video last month to keep my brain off the swelling ankle pain. Also because the original episode is a scary 3 hours so here’s a 3 minute tease (:
|Lonely in a huge house / Photo study|
|Squarkkkkkk!! Flamingooo study 😀|
|My Flour Smoke Sprite Sheet version 2015 heavily inspired from The Wind Waker from way back when returns. I got a few emails asking for permission for use, and recently one asking for a transparent version (hey fellow Zelda fans!). Just click on it for full size. Feel free to use just as long as you credit this blog post within your game project and then we’re all good (:|
Other Hermit Burp Adventuuures: Here we go!
- Games (watching bits or all of it):
- Phoenix Wright: Justice for all (2), The Book of Unwritten Tales 2, The Evil Within: The Assignment DLC, Super Mario Galaxy 2, SAW, Terminator 3: The Redemption, Metal Gear Solid 3, Dreamfall Chapters Book Three, Batman: Arkham Knight, Lethis- Path of Progress, Quiplash, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Co-op, Tormentum: Dark Sorrow, Terminator Salvation, Yandere Simulator, Lethis – Path of Progress, Portal Stories: Mel, RONIN, Ride to Hell, Freedom Planet, Super Indie Karts Grand Prix, Astro Boy Omega Factor, Agar.io, SAW, Splatoon, Catherine, Dishonored: Knife of Dunwall, Depth, Rocket League, CS:GO, Sex Drive: Fruity Call, Mortal Kombat X, Quadrant, Yatagarasu: Attack on Cataclysm, Poly Bridge, Ultra Street Fighter IV, Albion Online, Guild of Dungeoneering, 100% Orange Juice, Amnesia Custom Stories, Paperboy 2, Donkey Kong Country 2, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Dyscourse, Unfair Mario, Traverser, The Magic Circle, Bad Rats: the Rats’ Revenge, Facade, In Verbis Virtus, Kirby’s Adventure, Kirby Super Star Minigames, Night Blights, Terraria, Godzilla the Game, Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition, Skyforge BETA, Banjo Kazooie, SOMA, BroForce, 400 Years, ContinuousLY, Pretty Fighter, THERE IS NO GAME, Red Dead Redemption, Choice Chamber, Sonic The Hedgehog 2, Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?!, Smash Bros Melee EVO2015 finals, Ronin, The Floor Is Jelly, Batman: Arkham Knight DLC, We Happy Few, Driveclub, The End of Us, F1 2015, FIGHTIES, Hotel Remorse, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, TEMBO THE BADASS ELEPHANT, Oil Enterprise, Five Nights at Freddy’s 4, Kings of Kung Fu, Obscure, Game of Thrones Episode 5, Hotel Mario, Star Fox Adventures, TEMPER TANTRUM, Summer Games Done Quick, Rising Thunder, 60 Seconds, Life is Strange Episode 4, Feist, King’s Quest: A Knight to Remember Chapter 1, Gone Home, Kholat, Brutal Doom, Lakeview Cabin IV
FAQ! I got some responses & I’d like to share’em!
Here are some questions about the Hermit Burpcast I get and I anticipate:
Hermit Burpcast Q1: Guesting & Are you doing more and with whom?
It only happens if I want to and choose to,
timing works out,
rapport/connection is mutual (this is very important),
that there’s a passionate/important topic to be discussed together,
expectations are made clear
and preparations are sufficient.
So with whom? Well there’s no plans right now and even if there was, I wouldn’t talk about it until after it’s recorded sooo it’s all behind the curtains until it’s set in stone!
Ultimately I am the one who chooses and invites people (usually good friends who I’m regularly in contact with) whom are willing and able to prepare content and engage in silly, fun, honest conversation with me. In the meantime, I’ll keep developing quality friendships as I’m not too strong in this area haha
Rather than having something too formal and business-like, I want to have something fun to engage in and listen to! Consequently with my guests, I need to have some form of an established professional friendship firstmost so that we’re both having fun together if we commit to doing even one episode. This is a teamwork kind of thing!
In short: Call me picky with guests, whichever. (:
Hermit Burpcast Q2: What are other ways I can participate?
Feel free to be creative but here are some suggestions:
- email your questions for the Q&A and maybe it’ll get in the show (best way!)
- provide constructive feedback via email
- provide constructive feedback through social media (facebook, twitter, tumblr, youtube etc)
- talk about, share and help promote this little talk show
- just listen to the Burpcast as that’s fine too haha
Honestly, just talk to me about it via your preferred way of communication according to how much you want to associate your name with this show.
If you enjoyed the Burpcast and want to help promote it, that would be deeply appreciated! Otherwise, I’m happy all the same for your visit and your ears! 😀
I’m learning how to talk and interact with people at my own turtle pace after all- that’s how all this even started haha
Hermit Burpcast Q3: This podcast looks interesting…? I’ll take a listen sometime?
First up, I am not trying to target individuals but this certain question has been popping up a bit by a handful of uncertain people so I want to articulate my response here as well.
The fact that you ask this at all, I’m a bit flattered already. You’re making an effort and you’re displaying an interest in what I do – I give you a thank you, you well-meaning, curious individual! 😀 You’re encouraging me I guess!
I’m interpreting this question with a tone of doubt however so if you’re really uncertain about it, I insist: You do not have to listen to this podcast. Be free. It’s okay! Again I say: you don’t have to listen to this silly little show!
Perhaps you’re really not that interested (or enough) to try it for yourself haha. Perhaps you just want to talk and think about doing it instead of finding out yourself? Perhaps you sense/know it’s not your cup of tea but still wanted to encourage me? Let’s be honest, I know it’s not for everybody. Plus we’ve all got limited time and there’s loads of incredible podcasts out there (:
Gosh, too blunt here aren’t I? haha
I don’t know how to best answer your half question/statement. What do I do in response? D: Do you want me to push you either side off the fence? Perhaps I’m supposed to entice you about the Burpcast?
In reality though, I’m happy for you to decide for yourself, there’s the “About” page description too and you could even look at the shownotes.
If you’re really curious, give it a listen! If not, then that’s okay too! (:
The past two weeks: Trying to heal from Sprained Inflamed Ankles!
Perhaps you’ve heard me talking about this on twitter or facebook two weeks ago. If not, I’ve been walking on crutches like a toddler learning how to walk.
It’s been so incredibly painful, swollen, much burning sensations and it’s affecting my other joints too because I’m compensating to move about and straining them too. Whyyy
|This is my morning life|
Wrah! I can’t do much at all outside of resting, sitting and sleeping activities. Trying not to injure myself further. All the painful memories of mosquito bites causing my feet to swell up is returning to me D: My feet are puffed up, tender balloons of pain.
Hopefully I haven’t been sounding too whiny! Aside for allowing myself an outlet, I’m telling people about it in the hope that people don’t do what I did ie ignore the early signs of tender ankles.
Still, I didn’t know I even twisted my ankle at all which was weird.
And it was revealed that it wasn’t sprained but something else unknown. >:
What is this. What.
Even doctors are scratching their heads.
So glad I have family to help me do some things until I recover. If I ever do. It’s been close to 3 weeks and at the time of writing this I have already visited the hospital and I did checkup. I’ll give a fun edition of my first hospital experience as a patient in the Hermit Burpcast. 😀
It has been difficult not being able to go anywhere even if I wanted to break out of the isolation (yeah, I’m a *real* homebody now haha). Perhaps I’m more unhealthier now (injured, painful legs uncomfortably propped up and sitting all day) but not all hope is lost!
I did do art sometimes to keep my mind off the pain. (: Aw yeahhh
But then that went out the window when I can’t even stay productive now. Always feeling tired/sleepy/unfocused because I caught a heavy cold too from the hospital. Yay.
Venting aside, I’m truly grateful it’s not as bad as I initially imagined (arthritis, gout disease, infection, sprain or fracture). I’m healthy aside from these ballooning feet and weak knees. I just don’t know the cause let alone how to prevent it.
At the time of this post, they’re not balloons anymore but my feet and knees are painful especially in mornings & I have a heavy cold to recover from too! :O My crutches aren’t going away anytime soon D:
I didn’t even care walking around with tissues stuffed into my nose in public, half asleep and tortoise hobbling around in crutches haha – not a pretty sight! Bye dignity? At least people know I’m sick upon first sight and they stay clear away from me (:
It’s getting better but feeling weak and slightly sore/tender around my ankles/feet and knees still. Since my kidneys and liver are fine, I’m going to get an echo scan on my heart & a radioactive CT scan later if necessary for my main arteries (that goes into my legs). It’s not over yet!
Again, watch out for the early signs of tender ankles?
I wish I knew what the moral of my ongoing tale is! D:
Just like anyone who is feeling unwell, I really hope I get better as this is ridiculous. :'(
Yep, I can’t wait to be able to get back to arting and sitting properly.
Actually you, go do something creative right now since you probably can do in my stead haha
Edit: I can still do art but at a much slower pace as I have to do breaks & rest from my new drawing position that caters to my elevated legs.
Thanks! Keep adventuuuring you!
This is early August already! Wooo scary how time flies as usual.
Busy crazy month once again sooo…
…see you in two weeks at the Burpcast!
Be someone you would be brimming with pride for. (: