Y1W13 “Fantastically Fishy” and #acmidreamworks Adventuuures Recap
Let’s go! Journal Time.
|Save My Tribe Character Sheet: Well. Still not going to explain this project. Nope.
Kudos to Bashcorpo’s paper texture!
Year 1, Week 13 (9th to 15th Apr)
- Position: Vacant festival entry: I’m mailing something off! Thanks to the team’s funding help too. Finally letting social media know about the AIAF and MIAF screenings too.
- Dreamworks talks fun times: Went for talks and left with some interesting takeaways!
- “You have not learned to live if you have not learned to give.” – Kirk Douglas
- Strive to exceed expectations in all aspects of your life
- Believe in yourself or who else would believe in you
- Arm strain; well. The exercise and breaks and making things much better for me. Time will tell.
- Save My Tribe: Here’s page two for this guy. What is this guy:
|Save My Tribe Character Sheet: He might need more tweaking in design and his anatomy needs work so consider this version 1 as I redesign it over from scratch next time. Really need to work harder on anatomy but his face was fun to draw. Eventually I will reach the standard I want in my mind!
Kudos to Bashcorpo’s paper texture!
- Dreamworks Masterclass: Kristy and I just went for the front row. Hoho. I saw some familiar friendly faces too which was a surprise delight to be able to exchange some enthusiasm (never sure who was coming until the day)! I was probably more silly than usual due to the mixture of my tired, quiet, excited nervousness but some fun was had.
Was happy to be able to talk to the four of them in person (Kendal – very cool edgy name, Christophe, Doug and Jason), even if it’s just giving a thank you thing at the least. And whoa! I am actually approaching people! What is this sorcery. I got to talk about girl power too haha.
I didn’t want to see any of the How to Train your Dragon 2 trailers though but curiosity got the better of me; I don’t feel engaged with the story they presented as a result of feeling like I was spoiled with the whole gist of the story since the other full trailer came out.The first, shortest trailer that revealed how old Hiccup was in this movie (it was released earlier this year) was certainly enough to pique interest. I didn’t need the other trailers.
Lost my notes. I found my notes by checking back lost and found.
Have fun and enjoy the process too. That’s why you’re doing it right? It’s a long journey and what good is life if you end up trapped in a vicious cycle?
That and I need to attend the actual exhibit when there’s less people around, watch both Kung Fu Panda movies again and some other Dreamworks movies eventually. Eventually…!I name Kung Fu Panda as my Chinese heritage renders me incredibly biased! I also melt, brimming with contentment when I watch it as it is so thoroughly researched, resurfacing my childhood exposure to Chinese TV series and it is a world I can fully immerse myself in and forget all else. I was not surprised that it’s doing incredibly well in China. To think that they’d be 6 of these movies planned and the third will actually be co produced with Oriental Dreamworks.
In terms of other Dreamworks movies, I haven’t watched a lot of them but at this stage, I do remember enjoying the first Shrek movie, The Prince of Egypt, Chicken Run, How to Train your Dragon and Megamind. I shall try to catch up with the others someday.
- Finished a best wishes doodle page for a friend and sending it off. Shall post it here sometime.
- Anatomy studies: enjoying it to the fullest. If only life doesn’t get in the way! I didn’t get much done this week.
- People Drawing/a few of Derp’s Doodle Collection: …Hello. I’m calling it Derp Doodles instead of “Derp’s doodle for the day” now. Too long and time restricted, the name.
|Busy people running away in the rain|
|Power girl. Not happy with these.|
|Hello; I didn’t finish…|
|He looked like he was pouting. What.|
| Still I ran out of room as her feet are cut off. This is double the size of my glossy pad!
It’s A5! The indignity!
|Horrible train doodles roughed up by train travel on my glossy pad. Why are they sleepy looking.
Her nose is a huge blot of ink explosion there. Uh…surgery can fix that?
|Sketch meet doodling! I kind of…avoided drawing things that are not people. Hoho|
|Mixed bag of creatures|
|She has three feet, you know?
Witness how I live with my mistakes as I stick with ballpoint pen.
|I made her forearm too long; why.|
|Suddenly I gave her an evil face. What am I doing.
Had heaps of fun though!
- Games (watching): Yakuza 4, Garry’s Mod Prop Hunt/Murder/Trouble in Terrorist Town, The Wolf Among Us Episode 3, Deadly Premonition: Director’s Cut (why this interestingly bad game again?!), Dark Souls II (summoning other players was interesting), Garou: Mark of the Wolves, Call of Duty: Predators, the Last Tinker: City of Colors, Life goes On, Fable Anniversary
- Admin catch up and decluttering.
- Armello Game: Hey. Back this on Kickstarter or support it some other way. Shall be chipping in with my brother on this eventually via his workstation. Shall make time to play it somehow.
- Got asked this: Hey do you actually play games? Yes I do play games (I document it here with “played” next to it when I do) but I can hardly call it “gaming” as the sessions are only 1-2 hour spurts at impromptu moments. So I answer, not really. I know once I start watching a long series, or novel or game, I will want to give it my full or most of my focus until I finish it. I like to focus on one thing at a time. And a lot of time is needed to do that. So I’ve been avoiding those temptations aside from the shorter games. At least for now. Hence my backlog.
- Tomodachi Life Nintendo Direct: WHOA. I am speechless and how it’s so full of insane spontaneity! Oh Japan. Oh it’s wonderfully puzzling and amusing.
- Change your passwords! Security Breach (look up heartbleed). Took me several attempts as I forgot a few of my passwords and retrieving them was not straightforward.
- Puzzle Retreat (played): sneaked in a level on my tablet. Brain training; my excuse that is.
Reflection for the Week
Instagram, we meet again
Well. I’ve been trying to use Instagram more; going to have another go at it. I changed the link to http://instagram.com/leonieyueart as well. I’m so behind the times with mobile phone apps and tech (I don’t have a smart phone and the only way I was able to use Instagram at all was through my tablet; cue in horrified looks of surprise!)Well, surprise! I still use my “dumb” normal phone…just as a phone and texting device. It does seem bad that I can’t support any mobile game developers but it does cut out an avenue of distraction altogether. If you saw me trying to text someone, I would be stabbing a letter at a time every several seconds as it struggles to register my stubby fingers. That’s how bad it is.I’m not putting everything there at Instagram though (it makes everything square and I don’t want to spend too much time there either!) But it’s going to be more timely there, at twitter and my sketch tumblr with a few of my rough doodles. It won’t be too many as I’m minimising social media in general as I can.
Stressing that this main blog here is the home for all of it with some extra commentary! So you don’t need to go any other place at all. Stay with this blog if you like. It’s really for peeps who don’t have time for wordy blogs like mine and who just want to see a few Derp Doodles. (:
Dreamworks packed events this week along with other things getting in the way! Generally feeling encouraged and eager to get things rolling again with learning and projects.I was inspired by someone to try some other creative, fun things but I realise that I want to focus on developing my art skills first before anything. I don’t have the disposable income to learn something else right now either. I have already experienced other things through teaching, tutoring and volunteering previously and I want to establish my career for the long haul. I can’t imagine doing anything else. It’s great when someone’s lifestyle challenges you to think over your focus though!
Had to clear off all the clutter on my browser and I plan to minimise my use of social media even more. People will know how to contact me if they need to anyway.
My outings quota has been close to maximum in the past week and I do feel unaccustomed to being in social situations for too long (as you know, it does drain my brain energy to the point with so much stimulation that I tend to fall asleep and brain dead on the way home; thanks to my introverted way in gaining energy! I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels this.)
So I was glad to get back to my hermit cave and to attempt to get my sleeping patterns re-adjusted again. Life isn’t perfect and uncertain but I am content and sleepy I guess? Loads of things to tackle!
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal — it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
Continue. Or change direction. Just know that the real failure is giving up.
Hope that pumps you up for the weekend!