Fanart / Puddles from Animal Crossing!
One of my ex-villagers, Puddles!
STAHP being mean to yourself!! 🐸
Remembering that having mixed feelings, feeling glum and not getting things perfect is okay. Don’t be too hard on yourself 💓
It’s easy to keep consuming, distracting and escaping through entertainment, activities that give you instant gratification and not genuinely deal and process your personal struggles, trauma, issues and feelings. Allowing yourself to feel, acknowledge and be present with your negative emotions and thoughts is something that helps towards personal and emotional growth and to manage your feelings better.
Other suggestions include:
- having a good cry might help release some of that suppression of feelings, pain and tension
- perhaps brain dump and express your feelings and thoughts into a private journal – we face a lot of obstacles and struggles on a day to day basis after all
- if you can afford to, invest in some therapy
- meditate and completely focus on your breathing for a handful of minutes
- and probably many other things you could research into that can help you better, because I’m out of ideas from the top of my head :’)
Meanwhile I’ve stumbled upon and have been listening to slow bittersweet, sad song covers as follows:
- Radiohead Creep cover by Daniela Andrade (who apparently also had her cover of Gnarls Barkley’s Crazy on Umbrella Academy Season 2? I haven’t watched it)
- Your Song by Elton John song covers
- Somewhere only we know (Keane) acoustic cover with Abby Celso
Thank you so much for reading and may you have a good rest of your week (: