Week 18 Embrace the Technical Difficulties screen
Leonie’s small blog island says hullo! (:
You have come here as a result of some technical difficulties. Why don’t you stay awhile anyway?
And…let’s go crazy! Journal Time!
- train adventuuures (Did you notice there were three “u”s? No? Okay)
- Cooking with Rex project update: Finishing up the production packet and art style guide, getting the end credits text worked out, working at the title screen among other things. It’s crunch time! I’ve pretty much been a braindead sleep deprived tired zombie this day but classmates seem think I’m feeling otherwise.
- train adventuuures
- CwR update: Will and Victor were going all out in getting the compositing, 3D and 2D effects and rendering done, Tim was helping out designing and producing the deadline version of the soundtrack, got surprise encouragement from Brendan and good feedback on my title and technical difficulties screens from Heath.
Though I came up with the text, Victor ultimately chose one of the fonts I found and provided and *he* was the one who put the end credits into action despite what the actual credits say. But I may plan to fancy the end credits up with some comedic pictures in the polished version! If I’m able to make time that is. Realised we didn’t have to make showreel breakdowns, nor prop concepts from every member of the team so it’s only post production work today! I do hope to make a proper showreel breakdown though essentially you (supportive, wonderful reader of my blog) have seen what I’ve done for this project in worklog form. Excited to see how it looks for tomorrow’s deadline but I’m more eager for the polished version!
- Train adventures
- CwR animation version 1 deadline: stressful times as Victor and Will nutted out rendering issues, composited it together with basic soundtrack by Tim for submission while I was calmly (as what I was doing is not a requirement) doing the title card 2d animation for the polished version (still in progress). I did help out when asked though.This is so we could get Heath’s feedback for the polished version (that we’d do in our own time).
Got wonderful, encouraging and helpful feedback from Brendan and Heath and there’s much work for us to come to improve the short. Teasing you…I’m still not showing you the film at the moment! Honestly not ready for your eyeballs. Did some forward planning for what things need to be worked on and it was a content exhausted end for the day for me.
WIP animated screen as follows. The colours need changing to suit the film itself though.
- been busy reorganising things and preparing for ac homework
- some ac homework
- CwR reworking the composition sketch and colour script tests for feedback:
- exhausted from sleep deprivation (need to cut it out!) but managed to do some ac homework
- CwR getting feedback on what I did yesterday from Victor and Will as well on the to do list
- CwR matte painting reworking the whole thing as according to my paint overs! Remember when I said I’ve finished the matte painting? Turns out I lied or rather changed my mind.
Still have to consider the colour script for the meteor once again when my team is up for it as my matte painting will need reworking for that scenario as well. I found myself altering the composition once again…here’s hoping that I won’t get in trouble for it.
Reflection for the Week
As usual, keeping the doubts at bay while I keep on hiking on this journey! (: There’s a lot of learning and juggling of homework ahead, CwR project is still not finished yet but a new but bigger film project will go into motion during this week. I’m not sure how I’m going to juggle all this but I will manage somehow; let’s find out during next week’s update, shall we?
Thanks for looking! (:
Until next time,