Whoah! It's December already.
Just another update with random sketches.
Figuring out a routine but nothing's set yet.
Then again, being set on a routine is limiting!
Let's go crazy! Journal Time.
Year 1, Weeks 45 & 46 (19th Nov to 2nd Dec)
- Projects: finishing up one (hooray!), in the middle of another and trying to start another two or three. How on earth do people do 11 at a time...they're amazing. I might be able to start showing the projects that are finishing soon but nothing set in stone.
- Arm, back and shoulder strain self reminder
- People Drawing, Derp Doodles, Learning: as always! It continues.
|Wreh facial likeness is way off! Then again, it's a short photo study|
|I drew my interpretation haha|
|Land of scribbles|
|Photo study: I tried again and arguably I did worse. Wreh! This guy. This guyyy.|
|Photo Study: Trees in the snow; ah I haven't been near snow for over a decade!|
|Short photo study|
|Photo study: Colours...!|
|Another photo study; not doing so great as I would like|
|Wonky warm ups|
|Too braindead to come up with nonsensical speech bubbles at this point|
Other Hermit Derp Adventuuures:
- Games (watching bits or all of it):
- Dandelion: Wishes brought to you
- Far Cry 4
- Assassin's Creed Unity Ending
- Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Five Nights at Freddy's 2
- To the Moon for background noise
- Don't Starve
- Sonic Unfair
- Always Sometimes Monsters
- The Evil Within
- The Fall
- Brawl and Wii U Smash Bros. matches
- Pocket Rumble
- Crossy Road - I don't have an iPhone but it plays and looks sweet. Art by a friend.
- Bayonetta 2
- The Sims 4
- Heavy Bullets
- Shape Up
- The Last of Us remastered
- Binding of Isaac
- MOTHER 3 - especially Chapter 6. The mixed, heavy emotions you feel with a loss of a parent and this rpg game does this so well. I remember tearing up back when I played it. It felt so real to me. Everything about this game.
- Ocarina of Time
- Luigi's Mansion
- Sonic Boom
- Cards Against Humanity
- Witcher The Adventure Game...?
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
- Tales from the Borderlands Episode 1
- TellTale's Game of Thrones Ep 1- That ending!! Whoa! I have no real knowledge of the books or series but I'm hooked to this game.
- Workstation Approach: makeshift standing "desk" report! Week 12 & 13! Just going with what my body feels like but I do stand when I can. But I must admit that I've been slack. I have been exercising regularly though with weights when it's not oven-esque conditions.
- Installed my first internal hard drive! I was a little nervous going into my computer with a torch and screwdriver but it worked out! Gassed out some dust and did some detective work too. (: Just remember to back up everything before you do something like this just in case!
- Games Played:
- Monument Valley as an ex recreational maths nerd who enjoys optical illusions and visual storytelling this is wonderful. Up to you to interpret the story.
- Mirror's Edge: haven't played it in my life and it makes you feel powerful as you do parkour. That said, I died heaps and my game keeps crashing. This game gets you all tense! Didn't get too far in the game.
- Smash Bros. on Wii U: I'm a "casual player" as in, I just play to have fun; I don't have the time to develop techniques or skills but I have seen amazing professionals showing off wonderful moments! I did spend some time trying out every character's moves.
- Video Game High School Season 3: I don't find the characters likable as they are all flawed and character development feels lacking at times, reversed sometimes and hikes up in others; just wanted to see how crazy it goes...it got draggy and it felt like one or even two seasons were enough. The mourning episode with the acting was tops though. The Law was so understated here too.
- Food: I don't eat out much at all because I can't afford to, so when I eat something I don't usually eat I cherish it! Juicy, messy Mango!! Parma on Schnitzel and chips (don't want to eat that for a long time)! Sour cream Pringles! :O
- Music: Just some video game tunes
- Strange magic: I don't know what I'm looking at. It's been a trend that trailers are trying too hard to be full of fast gags with upbeat music and silent pauses for effect...on the fence here, as much as the visuals are pretty. As usual, am keen to be proven wrong on my skepticism.
- Cinderella (new one): Oh pretty but is it good?
- Pitch Perfect 2: Interested to see how it goes
- Pan: Jackman as Blackbeard? What happened to his look? And Hook is a young good looking guy then...how did he age? Should she really be Tiger Lily and that mermaid is really pretty...yeah lots of questions.
- Star Wars Ep VII: The trailer where people discuss amusing lightsabre combinations
- Google+ profile "views": I couldn't find out how before, but realised I can hide it completely and so I did - so that even I can't see it. It's not a helpful or accurate statistic either as scrolling, seeing images and any activity seen from you across Google also counts; apparently the last time I saw it with it on, I supposedly have over half a million views...an incredibly suspicious number! There are people out there with up to 61 million and various other extraordinary amounts too! Amusing as the views are probably there so that more people use Google+...?
- More random finds at my fun blog
In closing: The past 2 weeks
It has pretty much been finishing up projects where possible, figuring out something short and sweet to do and trying to not derail my fixed sleeping pattern...too much.
Finished up a great collaboration with a client and when ready and able, I'll talk about it! Also finished up another project with a lot of lessons learned there too. One needs to remember where to draw the line (in terms of expectations); I guess I'm putting my foot down.
I need to finish one more and then I can move on to my self proclaimed mission. (:
Ah I almost got run over by cars because of my own silly assumptions so...I'm glad to be alive. Not joking. So I must say I'm thankful and for the few friends I have. Hello.
No blaring regrets came to mind in that moment (as with the ones I do have, I have already come to terms with them) but since then, I definitely do want to keep living.
Yes as we do, I have down times, naysayers, obstacles and doubts; when you feel it's completely pointless and hopeless chasing and failing for what you believe in, the strong sense of being fed up with everything, heart horribly heavy with confusion and some form of the "existential crisis" sets in.
As part of life as these things may be, they ultimately go away as I care more about focusing on what I enjoy and want to do instead. I believe in my journey and my efforts and focus towards it. I know I will keep going, even if it's just to see how far I can go. Ah, the beauty of living. (:
So I say to you:
Believe in every step you take and ask "why?". Sometimes say, "why not?"
Personally, I say "why?" more times but "why not?" definitely does happen when I'm ready.
I lose track of time as I don't really have special days to celebrate but please do enjoy your month of December!
Adjusting to the summer heat and I envy those with A/C...fans will have to do!
I guess melting into furniture will have to be the trend for me again.
I finally gave in
Posted a photo of my not photogenic Derpface at my About page; I'm invisible and unrecognisable in person as it is already! I shall remain with my toon faces in almost everything else however so...there you go internet. You win this time haha
Yes, I look very amused at the fact that I had to have that photo taken. It was taken for a different purpose however.
See you in two weeks and keep adventuuuring you! (: