Leonie's small blog island says hullo! (:
Let's go crazy! Journal Time.
|Ah back to the old approach of preview images. I'll change it up if there's something I'd want to show. |
I'll just huddle up my stuff in my blog post for now haha
Year 1, Week 18 (14th to 20th May)
- Stone Project
- Anatomy learning: heads heads heads
- Gestures: just a bit
- Arm strain; the exercise and early bird resting really helped heaps! As well as breaks of course. I feel more functional at least haha This dot point serves as a reminder to me. Your well being is very important too! The journey is a life long marathon, not a sprint!
- Study buddy fun times: time for the monthly turnaround exercise/challenge again!
This is where I draw turnarounds from memory!
I have not focused on the human body (perhaps in a few month's time I will) so I have not prepared myself for this exercise. I'm just seeing what I can come out with from thin air! The horror!
Okay I'll finally show you last month's for comparison's sake. But both last and this month's are terrible!
Let the embarrassment begin!
|April's female turnaround for some reason I felt I had to add hair|
|April's male turnaround|
|May's female turnaround I added a shorter lady in too.|
|May's male turnaround I didn't bother wasting time on hair or the face this time.|
I think I've gotten worse in some areas! To be fair, I did April's 3 times doodling it over while I didn't spend as much time for this month. Again, 3/4 views not so good, shoulders, hands, feet, knees,chest...all the body parts not connecting with each other that well and proportions need loads of work too.
Shameful! But hey, at least I know how my memory is doing without preparation!
When I find the time, I shall definitely prepare for this properly and test my memory.
Right now, I'll just post these as an every two months thing (so there's something to can compare to).
- Characters for the Week: They're not well designed at all but it's all fun and sillyness. (:
|#17 to 19 Don't actually like any of these but random word: Godzillaaa!|
|#20 to 22 more sillyness and odd mash up|
|#23 to 26 Woo? Uh...I should rename this as the "silly characters" exercise|
- People Drawing/Derp Doodles: here we go...
|People move a lot. And my memory isn't that good.|
|I like the bottom to the right for some reason...|
|"Get off mah lawn."|
|Reporting that there are incoming deformed figures. Over.|
|Hm, no. That cupcake won't do.|
|Wooooo I'm terrible haha|
|Once upon a time, there were people.|
|Amputated lower leg?|
|That face was not real|
|Arm unfortunately amputated|
|What has he mutated into...dun dun!|
|I keep drawing heads too big...!|
- Games (watching snippets): Pokemon Nuzlocke, Resident Evil 4, Dark Souls II Ending, Guns of Icarus Online, Garry's Mod shenanigans, Minecraft Hardcore, corny Godzilla games, the whole The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 3 (why is he so cool now), Outlast, Fable Anniversary DLC Ending, Deadly Premonition Director's Cut, DreadOut, more of BroForce, A Very Organised Thief, Dungeon Nightmares, Super Time Force (Incredible and mindblowing with some extent of strategy!), SuperHot's upcoming FPS awesome game (play this game's prototype!), Daylight, Nether, Dying Light, Walden and the Werewolf, Pesadelo O Inicio, Turok Evolution, Gretel and Hansel, Lifeless Planet
- H.R. Giger interview on Alien RIP. On a lighter note, this reminds me of the times I was called a vampire haha
- Dota 2 Stanley Parable Announcer Pack amusing to listen to as you work: "DIGITAL SPORTS!"
- Games (played): Kirby Triple Deluxe: Kirby Fighters Mode against my bro...this is mini Smash bros except with Kirbies!
Journey so Far this Week
"Learning...is not a race?"
As a reminder to self, we know that there's a difference between learning through experiences, planning with small milestones, making heaps of mistakes, experimenting with efficiency, having a true overall focus, having belief in yourself and just taking your time compared to desperately finding the "most fastest successfully proven" way to get there by chasing what everyone is doing. So why was this line (the blog post's title) hovering in my head, piquing my interest?
Perhaps this line randomly appeared in my head because I've been allowing myself to relax and rest up more.
Aha. My brain's actually putting that negativity at bay unconsciously. Sweet. (:
Protect your Downtime!
I hope you've been taking care of yourself!
Actually I feel strangely great doing my first week of the early bird sleeping pattern routine. I used to be a night owl with horrible sleeping patterns along with the other bad symptoms of fatigue, headache, soreness and low concentration levels that come with it (especially when I'm avoiding coffee).
Hope this keeps going as I've been very strict with myself! It was my cold a few weeks ago that started this early bird decision so...huzzah for that!
Sidenote: Got a long journey ahead in terms of friendships! Working on it always.
Position: Vacant MIAF 2014 screening meetup
Hm, changed my mind and I'm not doing a facebook event for the Position: Vacant short film screening as it feels too formal among other reasons.
But! I welcome you to let me know by shooting me a message and catch up that way instead if you're going! I'm not sure who I know is coming at this stage! But I'm awkward with large social groups but then again I might be going by myself haha
The Australian graduate session itself is 5:30pm to 6:45pm 22nd of June and I might attend the other International sessions on the same day from 2:30pm to 5:10pm but I'm not sure yet!
In closing, slow down and enjoy the process of living life too. (:
Whatever that means to you.
To me, well...I'll just keep drawing!
Until next time so keep adventuuuring!