I hope you didn't come to this post expecting inappropriate things based on my blog title.
It's been a really busy week even when there's relatively not as much drawing to see here.
Let's go crazy! Journal Time!
- train adventuuures (I didn't draw enough to even fill half a page so see it in the next day)
- CwR matte painting feedback from Victor, Will and Heath, did have to make a minor change
- CwR colours for the title screen altered to suit the film:
- Searching for short film ideas today (it has never gotten easier) and I still was developing it over the next morning (and bothered my brother to bounce ideas off him)
- train adventuuures
|Trains. Where people do stuff.|
|At times, there's the issue of too many people that you can't draw one person properly without someone/thing in the way or there isn't enough people to draw. Why.|
- alongside some film storytelling lectures we all had to pitch our stories to the whole class, develop them further into treatments and sort out our groups and roles. I'm with Victor, Will, Tony and Tonko all of which I have worked really well with before.
Originally I was hoping mine doesn't get chosen so that someone else gets their idea developed this time and the fact that it involves many tentacles and technical unknowns to handle. On the other hand, another part of me just wanted to give it my best shot at making a coherent story. Had initially imagined it to be an actual cartoony/semi-realistic action/horror but since that's not really an art style I've done before so we're going for a creepy stylised style instead.
|Thumbnail for the Creature just to show how it fits within the building so the design is far from final. It is oddly cute though. "The Lady and the Reaper" is a short we're looking into for art style.|
- train adventuuures (see Sunday's post...didn't draw enough again *shifty eyes*)
- The Interview Project now called "Position: Vacant" (PV) from now on, name coined aptly by Victor. As a group we now have developed the story further with Tonko as the screenplay writer, with ongoing drafts and revisions based on Heath's feedback. Got feedback from Tim as well and he brought up good points too in regards to typewriters and eras. On the side, we kept noodling out an art style and figuring out how The Creature will work with the environment.
- PV project: gave feedback and discussed about Tonko's latest draft of the screenplay and spent the day collecting references and collating moodboards. Realising that there still were so many things to research even when I've purposely limited the scope!
|Floor Plan version 1|
|Floor Plan v2|
- train adventuuures
|Hm back of people's heads dominate during this page I'm afraid.|
- sketch group meet at the Melbourne Museum; I should go there more in the future! Too much things to draw...and dinosaurs and a corpse of a Giant Squid! Though for the most part, I was exploring alone, I met a few more people (:
|Dinosauuurs. Brings back weird memories of Dinosaur kiddy songs. I should have gone to the museum earlier to draw these guys for Cooking with Rex.|
- PV project: collecting more references, moodboards and sorting Giant Squid photos
|Floor Plan v1b: team members were going for this one so I made the secretary teleport (:|
- PV collecting references continued and forming moodboards...this project forces me to look at squishy and creepy deep oceanic wildlife. Though since I had a purpose, I didn't mind so much as I thought. Visually learning heaps about a particular era we've chosen too thanks to Victor's suggestion...around the 60's. Gave feedback on the current version of the screenplay but I will probably need to follow up in person.
- Thanks to Matej's feedback, I made the background lighter for the Technical Difficulties screen
|CwR Technical Difficulties screen v2: Hope it pops out more Matej!|
- PV forming the rest of the moodboards of most of the possible props, interior design elements, characters, art style and so on. It is a major project and based on my experiences of the Cooking with Rex project, everything needs to be designed in order for it to work together as a whole. Before I knew it, it was 1:30am in the morning; I didn't get around to drawing today.
Reflection for the WeekThis week. Essentially, it was about coming up with a story very loosely related to myself, getting it green-lighted all of a sudden, then letting go of it so it becomes a better story.
The initial story/concept of mine is loosely relevant to me and means something to me.
Now as a team, it means something to us and we hope our developed story also means something for all the creative people out there. (:
Amazing how I've spent 3.5 days researching about the 60's and squishy organic life (never imagined I would be looking at creepy creatures)! It is a reasonable amount of research for a 18-20 week major project however and I had to do a lot at once because the Creature is both a character and the environment so I had to ensure I looked into props and environment elements to make sure they all worked with each other. In a way, I was also making sure that when the modellers start making the assets, they are using the same references I'm using.
So not much in terms of visuals this week but a lot of researching, planning and story developing.
Thanks for looking! (: Until next time,